Original (updated on an ongoing basis) list is here. Previous updates linked in original post.
Items like this are in progress
Items like this are completed [date]
Items Done: 30/101
Items Started but not completed: 17
% of 1001 days elapsed: 45%
% of items completed: 30%
% of items started or completed: 47%
It would seem that I’m not really on track here. Might have to step up my game a little.
Just For Me (10)
1. Re-pierce my ears 10/11 and buy some earrings I really ❤ 11/6/09
2. Get that next tattoo
Planning a trip to Sedona in February. Have a tattoo artist there who will do this.
3. Put readings, powerpoint etc. from Dad’s memorial on blog 02/21/10
4. Totally blow off work one day and go to the beach. Alone. Feel no guilt 09/03/10
5. Do a past life regression
This is also on the agenda for the Sedona in February trip.
6. Get makeup professionally done 10/31/09
7. Go Bejeweled Blitz-free for 30 days 11/06/09
8. Go unplugged 1 day / month (15/34)
9. Get that hot stone massage 3 times (0/3)
10. Sign up for and take a class offered at SRHS
Home Dec (12)
11. Paint laundry room 12/31/10
12. Window treatment in front room
This was high on the list of good intentions. However, I know what I want to do and the perfect fabric has not found me yet. A trip to Boca Bargoons is called for.
13. Shower curtain in boys bath
14. Window treatments in my bath
I’m counting “have purchased the fabric and the design is worked out in my head” as started since that often takes as long, or longer, than actually making them. Of course, I had a design idea and fabric purchased for this year ago, but I’m not loving it for with the paint job I ended up doing in there.
15. Get boys @ beach painting done
16. Finish painting boys room
17. Get curtains and make valances for bedroom
18. Repaint the blue in bedroom 4/04/2010
19. Get new coffee tables in FR
20. Get new bedroom furniture
21. Paint master hall closet doors 3/28/2010
22. Stencil border in master bedroom
Honestly, I am rethinking this. It is a 3 layer stencil and the MBR is huge. There is probably ~60 feet of wall this would go on. Not really sure there is anything I could love enough to invest that much time in. I’ll probably complete one small section, live with it for awhile and then decided if I’m going to do the rest of paint over it.
Hobbies / Leisure (16)
23. Make the boys pillows 01/03/10
Of course, one of them fell out during a rest area stop in the middle of one of those midwest states on the Great Road Trip of 2010. So, while this is technically done, I still have one (replacement) to make.
24. Write a new poem February 9
25. Redo music swap CD and mail out 01/23/10
26. Rip the rest of my CD’s
27. Do Postcard Crossing with the boys, 45 postcards (0/45)
28. Create custom google travel map
29. Crochet or knit an afghan
30. Sew a dress
31. Read 20 fiction books (15/20)
32. Make a Best of Julia dvd
33. Sing at a karaoke bar
34. Make an apron
35. Try 25 new recipes (25/25) 12/29/10
Recipes made here
36. Watch 20 movies I’ve never heard of that are recommended by friends (5/20)
Movies watched and my thoughts (if I have any) are here
37. Grow some herbs
38. Make at least one thing with all those beads 05/21/10
Travel, Adventure and Outings (21)
39. Hike Zion Canyon Rim 06/13/10
I changed this from from Zion Canyon. After backpacking the canyon rim through all manner of weather, I’m not too keen on backpacking in the river. Maybe just do the canyon day hike portion one day. This was an overnight trip with my BFF Sara. It deserves a photo blog post of its own which, whenever I get it done, will be linked here.
40. Try kite surfing
41. Go to Kennedy Space Center
42. See a shuttle launch 11/16/09
43. Camping @ Anastasia SP
This was originally Bahia Honda SP in the Keys. However, the point being to camp by a nice beach. After checking out the both of them (and finding that the beachfront campsites @ BHSP are all booked through the 18 month booking window I’m changing it to Anastasia SP as the beach there is actually nicer (although no sunsets)
44. Biking and geocaching in Jonathon Dickinson SP 02/15/10
45. Sleep under the stars. Preferably in the desert
46. Go skinny dipping in water that is not glacier fed (ahem, girls)
47. Take the boys to an outdoor music festival
48. Go kayaking
49. Go to Cassadaga
50. Go back to Sedona
Planned for Feb 2011
51. Watch a sunrise on the beach with the boys 10/16/09
52. Find a local laser tag place and take the boys
53. Take DS1 to Washington DC
54. Log visits to 10 earthcaches w/boys (1/10)
Logging the earthcaches visits here
55. Make and activate 5 currency series geocaches
56. Visit a cave with the boys Jewel Cave Nat’l Monument, toured 7/17/10
57. Go snorkeling with the boys (like, somewhere with great snorkeling, obviously. Not just off Jupiter Beach)
58. Go with the boys to somewhere with snow in winter
59. Take a cruise w/DH
Health / Fitness (5)
60. Bike (or roller-blade) 1000 miles you would otherwise drive (200/1000)
61. Lose that last 7 lbs (5/7)
I think I need to set something to define when this is done. I have lost 3 – 5 of these pounds 4 or 5 times already. I have lost them all once but they were back a week later. So, I think I will need to be @ or under my goal weight here for 1 month or more to mark this complete.
62. Try those yoga DVD’s (at least once) (1/2)
63. Lower blood glucose # 9/24/10
64. Get a good bike – 11/30/09
Giving Back (9)
65. Donate blood 4 times (0/4)
I have tried this a couple times and end up with blood flow stopping, me nearly passing out from their efforts to salvage the donation. So, I’m going to try one more time after a couple weeks doing all the right stuff (drinking lots, cinnamon etc). If it’s still a disaster, I’m gonna give up on this.
65 . Make Heather’s chocolate cake for school staff for no reason Feb 08, 2010
66. Pay it forward by helping a mom with twin babies
67. Inspire someone else to do a 101 in 1001 My niece did one, posted 12/7/09
68. Donate 101 cans of food to a shelter 11/10/10
69. Volunteer 101 hours (66.5/101)
70. Donate $5 of fun money for every item not completed.
71. Do the Reef Sweep / Beach Cleanup day as a family
72. Update school Amazon site 10/29/09
Family and Friends (7)
73. Meet 10 of my “pretend friends” in person for the first time (3/10)
One of the highlights of The Great Road Trip of 2010. Had planned to meet one more but it didn’t work out due to tight schedules. The Hypothetical Great Road Trip of 2011, if it were to go as I am loosely planning at the moment, would complete this.
74. Visit Mary Kaye or get her a ticket here
75. Have a sleepover or girl’s day/night with CLC and JMS
76. Take a sushi-loving friend to lunch and let them attempt to convert me
77. Have a crawl with Kirbo + Capper and any other PNW-ers that can make it.
78. Send cards to 20 friends or family for no reason (5/20)
79. Play a complete game of Risk with DS1 12/17/10
The Endless Pursuit of Organization (15)
80. Split health and education files 01/06/10
81. Finish dumping all home video tapes to drive
82. Write a will
83. Get Canadian passports / IDs for me and the boys
84. Print photos of all DS’s creations and put in an album
85. Get pics in orange striped photo album
86. Organize recipes into binder
87. Get photo dump folder organized / purged
88. Get boys DVD’s organized into a binder and indexed 3/21/10
89. Get dumped video time-stamped and org’d by quarter
90. Get dumped video edited and burned onto DVDs
91. Purge and restock travel bins, 11/09/10
92. Purge and reorganize family room closet 01/09/10
Sadly, this could stand to be done again. Probably won’t be anytime soon, though.
93. Make that “what you’re gonna need to know if I’m dead” spreadsheet for DH
94. Organize / purge laundry room 01/30/10
95. unspecified / personal (0/6)
96. Pay off short-term debt (3/100%)
97. Start construction on a pool (this comes after #96 obviously)
98. Track budget / spending for 6 consecutive months
This was originally done as a 0/34 (i.e. to be completed, had to be done every month. It wasn’t. After the first year, I’m changing it. But for purposes of #70, it will be considered incomplete.
99. Log 5000 calls (475/5000)
100. Hit quarterly work hour targets on schedule spreadsheet (0/11)
My life being what it is, this turns out to be impractical / undoable in the manner I’d envisioned. (yes, that’s a movie I’ve seen many times).
100. Set and track SMART goals for business for 4 consecutive quarters
101. Develop 4 new (to me) companies as clients (1/4)